- 3 corn cobs
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 2 whole tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/4 bunch dill, chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of good quality sea salt
- 1 baguette, preferably whole meal or grain
- Cook the corn in boiling water for 15 minutes. Slice corn off the cobs and break up.
- Sweat the onion and capsicum in 1tbsp of olive oil. In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes and capsicum then add the chilli, herbs, lime and 30ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan or barbecue and toast the baguette slices until golden brown.
- Add a little of the mix to each slice of bread and serve immediately to prevent the bread from going soggy.
Recipe by Luke Mangan